Friday, April 29, 2011

TK's Takeout: Top 10 Must See Summer Movies: 2 & 1

Well boys and girls, the climax of the countdown has come and it is time for me to unveil the two movies you won't want to miss this summer. After the past couple of days it really is no surprise why I chose these two movies a few days ago to be at the top of my countdown, they are going to be awesome ends to two extremely popular franchises. They both have die hard loyal fan bases who are going to rush out to midnight showings all over the world and make these two movies, two of the highest grossing films of 2011. But before I unveil the top 2 dogs, here's a look at numbers 10-3:

10. Green Lantern
9. Cowboys and Aliens
8. Bad Teacher
7. Friends With Benefits
6. The Hangover Part 2
5. Crazy Stupid Love
4. Thor
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Now drum roll please, my pick for the number 2 must see movie of the summer goes too:

2. Transformers: Dark of the Moon, opens July 1st, stars Shia LaBeouf, John Turturro, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson.
TK's Quick Take- Without a moments hesitation did I know that T3 was going to be near the top of my list and after the trailer debuted yesterday I almost flipped flopped it with number one but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I thought about doing a 1A and 1B thing but that wouldn't be fair to anyone. This movie is going to be different and way better then Transformers 2 and I'll tell you why.

T2 was a rushed script. No one could predict the success that T1 was going to have and the studio, like all studios do after a huge commercial hit, want a sequel and they want it out fast, no matter the results. T2 translated into a lot and I mean a lot of big box office dollars but left many critics and fans slamming the movie. It was actually one of the worst reviewed movies of the year, T2 that is. Transformers: Dark of the Moon is also written by a new writer this time around and it should provide a new refreshed plot for us to follow. Director Michael Bay says this is going to be his last Transformers movie, but something tells me it won't be! This movie is also Megan Fox less, and thank God. She doesn't bring or add anything to this franchise and I think this movie will be better off without her! Look for unbelievable visual affects along with the blowing of shit up, epic battles between the Autobots and Decepticons and most importantly a fantastic end to this exciting franchise.

TK's Takeout Summer Prediction: This movie I think will be one of the top 3 grossing movies of the year. People are going to flock to this movie in big numbers and I think that we are all going to be very pleasantly surprised at how good of a story this one is, not to mention the fights, I mean the fights are going to be awesome, and if you don't believe me, watch this trailer below!

Trailer-


Now the time has come, nine movies up and nine movies down, and just one remains. So without further delay I proudly present to you my number one movie:

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, opens July 15th, stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson and Ralph Fiennes.
TK's Quick Take- If you were like me, then you were left wanting so much more after Deathly Hallows Part 1 ended with Voldemort stealing the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's grave. (Side note- how bad ass was that scene!) I remember the first Harry Potter movie coming out years ago and it seems almost sad to think about that this is going to be the last one ever made, it's the final chapter of a truly epic saga of movies. For those of you who haven't read the books I won't spoil anything for you but needless to say if you thought HP7 Part 1 was slow, then my friends, Part 2 is going to take you on an action pack ride you won't soon forget.

This movie is going to be non-stop in your face action, epic battle scenes, the race to destroy the remaining horcruxes and of course the showdown between Voldemort and Harry. I'm getting giddy just typing this out my friends, that's how excited I am for this movie. You will be thrilled along this ride, saddened and most of all entertained while watching this movie. It's going to be such an amazing movie to see on screen because for those of you who did read the book you know how intense the final book is. I for one can not wait to see the finished product this July and if the trailer is any indication, we are all going to be very satisfied.

TK's Takeout Summer Prediction: The number one movie on my countdown will also be the highest grossing movie of 2011 and could challenge some opening weekend dollar records as well, you heard it here first!!!

Trailer-


Thanks to everyone who checked out my countdown and left me comments. Again leave me comments and let me know what you're top 2 movies are for this year. Do you agree with my picks or disagree, sound off!

And I'll see you at the movies this summer!!!

TK

2 comments:

  1. Looking over this list, I'm not impressed with what this summer has to offer; the only movie I'm really excited about is Harry Potter. I'm guessing that a few the others will be good as well, but none of them are sure things. Thanks for mentioning Crazy Stupid Love, I hadn't heard about it but after seeing the trailer I'm starting to think that it could be really good.

    www.pseudo6man.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,

    There are many other movies coming out this summer that I couldn't even begin to fit into this countdown. X-Men for instance comes to mind. The early trailer looks promising and should be a good beginning story. Crazy Stupid Love is going to be a surprise hit this summer and should appeal to a mass audience. Harry Potter of course looks to be phenomenal. Thanks so much for the comment, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete