Thursday, April 28, 2011

TK's Takeout: Top 10 Must See Summer Movies: 4 & 3

Hello avid movie fans...are we enjoying the countdown so far? I bet a lot of you were surprised to see the Hangover part 2 so low on my countdown but there are a lot of good movies coming out this summer and I had to make some difficult decisions. Up next on this list are numbers 4 and 3. One pertains to an epic warrior while the other refers to a captain of legendary honor and dignity, well maybe not that last one. But before I unveil those two movies, let's take a quick look at numbers 10-5.

5. crazy stupid love
6. hangover 2
7. friends with benefits
8. bad teacher
9. cowboys vs aliens
10. green lantern

So without further delay here is my number four must see movie this summer:

4. Thor, opens May 6th, stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston and Anthony Hopkins.
TK's Quick Take- Finally the God of thunder has received his own movie. I'm a huge superhero nerd, if you couldn't tell already, and when I heard they were making a big screen version of Thor I was giddy to say the least. I love the selection of going with an unknown actor, Hemsworth, to play Thor, because this will allow him to portray Thor as he sees fit and to ultimately play him in future movies, alas, The Avengers and most likely Thor sequels.

Throw in Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins and this cast is dynamite. The story sounds very promising and the trailers have left me wanting so much more. I don't know too much about Thor but I am very excited to see his story unfold on the big screen in a couple of weeks from now. I think Thor will be an excellent movie and if done right should be a very big box office grosser. The action and visual affects look to be very well done and I expect big things from Thor this May.

TK's Takeout Summer Prediction: I think Thor will start May off with a bang. I think it will go straight to number one at the box office and fans will be very happy after leaving the theaters wanting much much more.

Trailer-


3. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, opens May 20th, stars Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McShane and Penelope Cruz.
TK's Quick Take- I'll just go ahead and say it, I love Johnny Depp and I have loved all three of the previous Pirate movies. I was beyond excited when I heard they were doing a fourth pirates movie and that Depp would be reprising the role of our favorite Captain Jack Sparrow. Sure Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are gone, but who needs them? This franchise is so widely loved and adored by all genres, that it is going to be a world wide smash without them.

I was rather excited to hear that McShane and Cruz were cast in this movie because they both bring something new to the screen then in previous installments. McShane as the infamous pirate Blackbeard and Cruz playing a mysterious woman from Sparrow's past should add both mystery and excitement to the franchise. Throw in mermaids, zombies and the fountain of youth and you have an adventure film that will surely be a must see movie this summer. I am already just waiting to hear when tickets will go on sale for P4 because like many out there I will be there opening weekend ready to set sail with Captain Jack and the rest of his God forsaken crew!!!

TK's Takeout Summer Prediction: Will open to huge box office dollars and when is all said and done will show that even after a couple of years away, the pirates franchise is still alive and kicking!!! Will be one of 2011's top 10 grossing films!!!

Trailer-


So guys, what do you think? Are you excited for Thor, the God of Thunder? And are you excited to set sail again with Captain Jack Sparrow and his crew of mis-fits? Let me know what you think and be sure to check back tomorrow for numbers 2 and 1!!!

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment