Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TK's Takeout: Top 10 Must See Summer Movies: 8 & 7

Well hello friends,

It is day two of my Top 10 Summer Movie Countdown and I'm glad to see that you guys have been checking back to see what my choices are. If you missed yesterday's obviously scroll down and find it on the home page of the blog or here's a quick little recap of numbers 10-9:

10. Green Lantern
9. Cowboys and Aliens

So on deck today we have numbers 8 and 7, both comedies with star loaded casts so without further delay I proudly present the next two movies that you won't want to miss this summer:

8. Bad Teacher, out June 24th, stars Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, Jason Segal and Eric Stonestreet.
TK's Quick Take- When I heard the premise of this movie I didn't even have to see a trailer to know I would wait in line for this movie. The combination alone of Diaz, Timberlake and Segal already had me falling out of my chair laughing out loud. Then the debut trailer comes out and my suspicions were proven true, it's going to be one funny ass movie.

The movie follows Diaz a young, lazy and naive teacher who just doesn't care about her job until a new substitute teacher moves in to the school (Timberlake) and she can't help but try to get his attention but in order to do so, she feels the need to get a certain part of her body enhanced. And in order to do so she must win a contest with the students she constantly neglects and bashes. Cue the laughs please! I already see myself quoting one-liners from this movie and with a lot of good comedic actors in one movie, what can go wrong? This movie has the potential to be a box office hit from early trailers, and I'll be first in line to see it this June.

TK's Takeout Summer Prediction- It's going to be a great funny ass movie!

Trailer-


7. Friends with Benefits, out July 22nd, stars Justin Timberlake, Mila Kunis, Woody Harrelson and Emma Stone.
TK's Quick Take- The concept of the movie is certainly an intriguing one to most and then you throw in Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis and you have a pretty good recipe for what is shaping up to be a pretty promising movie. The concept is simple. Two friends who use one another for sex and remain friends. But of course we all know how that tale plays out. The early trailer, see below, is so freaking hysterical, I am expecting a lot of big things.

Many thought this movie wouldn't work because well No Strings Attached just came out and is pretty much an exact same plot line, but I think the story will be different and Justin is on a role with anything he does lately and Mila is fresh off her performance in Black Swan which has earned her a lot of attention and deservedly so, she is a good actress and is only getting better. I look for this movie to have a lot of funny moments and of course for both the guys and girls in attendance some shots of both Justin and Mila in the flesh, so we all will have something to look forward to. But needless to say, I expect FWB to be a very laugh out loud funny movie, that will make a great date night!

TK's Takeout Summer Prediction- The chemistry between Timberlake and Kunis is funny in itself, and will translate into a must see movie that audiences will definitely flock too!

Trailer-



Sound off guys and let me know what you think. Post your comments and thoughts about the trailers below. Will you be checking out these movies I just spotlighted, please let me know. Check back tomorrow afternoon for numbers 6 and 5!!!

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment