Monday, May 16, 2011

TK's Take on Seth MacFarlane rebooting The Flintstones

In a rather interesting bit of news I stumbled across today was the piece about how Seth MacFarlane the genius behind Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show is apparently scooping up all the rights to reboot The Flintstones and place it on Sunday nights in the animation domination block of his shows. Word of advice Seth, can I call you Seth? Let's not ruin a good thing please. Those are classic characters and is just a show in my opinion that shouldn't be tampered with. You've already done enough to ruin Family Guy for me because that show is no where near the good quality it used to be. Jokes are reused and bits are inserted into an episode for four to five minute chunks at a time, it's like the writers couldn't think of anything and I think that that is an insult to loyal fans of the show, correct me if I'm wrong here?

Family Guy at it's ultimate pinnacle was as funny as anything that has ever aired on television. The random cutaways and flashbacks were pee in your pants funny and was something that was really never done on TV before. But now the show is seeming to fall very fast from atop the once proud mountain top and as a loyal fan of the show for years and years, I'm starting to not even care about the show anymore, just like I did with The Simpsons.

But for Seth to now turn his attention to another project aka The Flintstones it just seems utterly stupid and pointless to bring them back into the 21st century. His other shows will more then likely suffer more because he is no longer fully focusing on them. Family Guy was great when he only focused on that show but once American Dad came along and then The Cleveland Show, that was the downfall of Family Guy in my mind. The second Cleveland left the show Family Guy was no longer funny and I can't recall a classic episode of FG in many years. You look back at the old ones and you're dying cause you're laughing so hard.

I can't be the only one who feels this way and so I want to hear from you guys as well. What do you think about this? Will you be watching a new twist on our favorite Bedrock characters? Or will Seth and company ruin that for you also?

TK

3 comments:

  1. I feel you, bud. Did you see Fam Guy this week? What a piece of shit. I think that it is the worst show that I watch right now. I was about 15 minutes into and said, "This might be the last time that watch this show."

    I say MacFarlane should take a break from everything for a few years and come back strong like he did before. Maybe Fox will do him a favor and cancel a few of his shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnt agree more sir. Family Guy proved this week what I've been saying for a while, it has given up. You put that piece of shit mick jagger/david bowie clip in there for two plus minutes, are you freaking kidding me? the writers couldn't think of anything more intelligent or funnier to write then that? I hope FOX cancels something cause he needs to get back to focusing on one project not one thousand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christ, I forgot about the Jagger/Bowie shit. I fast forwarded through that after about 10 seconds. It is absolutely brutal.

    ReplyDelete